There is a convincing body of research on the beneficial effect of adjunct acupuncture treatment on aspects of post-stroke recovery, including dysphagia, post-stroke pain syndrome, and spasticity.
Adding acupuncture treatments to your stroke therapy recovery can have the following benefits:
- Decreased paralysis and increased function
- Improved muscle strength and stamina
- Increased balance and coordination
- Improvement in speech, articulation, and vocabulary identification
- Improved vision when there is dimness, blurring, double vision, or loss of sight
- Decrease depression and anxiety
- Improved quality of life
After having a stroke and being hospitalized, many people are given several months of physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy. Unfortunately, after such a regimen, many people are told by their health care practitioners that additional treatment will not be beneficial and that any further improvements are slim.
As for stroke treatments, therapy must begin as soon as possible after stabilization. However, at Bennett Acupuncture and Functional Medicine Center, Dr. Bennett has worked with patients who received acupuncture 12-24 months after their stroke, making significant functional improvements, greatly benefiting their quality of life.
To consult with Dr. Bennett, please fill out the form at the bottom or call us!
Results vary for each person, especially when accounting for other medical and lifestyle factors