With the pursuit of careers and marriage later in life, one in five couples (over thirty) find it increasingly difficult to conceive naturally. As a result, many are reaching out to the alternative therapy of acupuncture and seeing positive results.
Evidence of acupuncture and herbal medicine to enhance fertility can be found as far back as the year 3 A.D. Both men and women can benefit from acupuncture and herbal medicine when presented with challenges in trying to have a baby.
Traditional Oriental Medicine improves the likelihood of conception by stimulating blood flow and vital nutrients to organs and making them function at peak performance. When reproductive organs are nourished and working well, eggs and sperm are healthier, more vital, and more viable.
Research has shown acupuncture to improve the following areas:
- Decrease PMS and regulate the menstrual cycle
- Improve blood and nutrient flow to the uterus
- Improve quality and production of hormones
- Improve sperm count, shape, and motility
- Reduce the possibility of miscarriage
- Increase the chance of pregnancy while women go through in vitro fertilization (IVF)
Treatment schedules will vary from person to person, depending on the needs of each patient. While treatments work well alone, they are a great compliment to any Western intervention.
Call me today for a consultation and find out how Dr. Bennett and acupuncture can help you.